The training that we provide is a simulation based business skills development tool masquerading as a game that simulates real market conditions and business scenarios in the training room.
We are using a Business training course called “BEST” which stands for “Business Expenses Savings Training” which was developed by the South African Institute of Entrepreneurship (SAIE).
The aims of our Business Sustainability Programme (BSP) are:
To assist entrepreneurs and graduates from our Business Training through the first year of running their business
To provide practical examples that can assist entrepreneurs to unlock challenges and implement sustainable solutions
The programme is for graduates of the training who desire to continue with the business that they started during the training or to begin a different one.
In order to increase our reach and impact, we have developed a model and process that enables us to train trainers
We have strict selection criteria and terms for partnership and so we seek to partner with like-minded individuals or organisations who are willing to comply with all aspects of our programme, content and values
Our Business Academy aims to equip entrepreneurs to plan, launch, grow and sustain businesses that will have a transforming impact on their stakeholder community.
It is for anyone who wants to start and run what is defined as a small or medium sized business as well as for graduates of the BEST training who have proven their ability to sustainably run a micro business and wish to step-up and grow their business…
The workshop was an eye-opener. I certainly learnt a lot on how to manage a business. It is one of the best business trainings that exists, and simply because it is so practical.
This course seemed good. Our teacher explained things to us very well and we understood well enough.
Having learned theory at school,
· the training focuses a lot on practicals. It does make it easier to start a business to run it.
· It focusses on the most important factors of business:
o Invest in your business
o Reduce you expenses
o Save for your business
· One can take ownership, have control of your business, know what is happening and be accountable
· I can definitely refer everyone to do it Indeed, I do not regret attending it, it is an investment.
· Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
· I can also be called in if there are new students to show them I am a living proof of BES.
· The practical was very useful in helping to put into action what was learned.
· There was a clear emphasis on understanding the business cycle as well as keeping records.
· A clear notion of some variables that affect a business was introduced.
· A lot was learned in a fun way and that really was the crown of the training course.
Though I am a businessperson, I have learnt and improved on my record keeping. The 4 P’s where very helpful in marketing: products, place, promotion and price. I also realised that some people that we (Business for transformation – B4T) help with loans need this training especially start ups and I wish to be one of the trainers to that I can be able to offer this training.
In this business training we have learnt many things. I personally have learnt and gained information on how businesses begin.
1. I learned how to invest money
2. I learned how to put money in the bank
3. I learned how to run a business
4. I learned how to save money
5. I learned how to develop a business
6. I learned how to get and decide about a loan
I learned how to start a business and how to plan and how to handle the cases in business. I learned about what you need to expect in business. I learned that it is important to put money in the bank. I thank you very much about this business training because I learned a lot.
The B.E.S.T. training is priceless. I love working in a business environment and the things I learnt in this course has prone to be vital, not just for me, but for any individual who desires to use his/her money more wisely and to be a good steward of it. This course reminded me about the importance of recording everything you buy and sell and the importance of keeping receipts. I wish this course could be offered to scholars as I believe it will be a huge benefit in their lives and aid them in becoming independent earlier in their lives and think beyond the short-term ideas of just spending.
It also taught me that when you are in business – how to treat your customer, how to save money in the bank and the way to use money.
I know that in everything that I am doing in my business I must save money and I must read my expenses so that I must know how much I did make and my expense and saving. Now I can save money or put my money in the bank. I know that I use money so I have to count everything I am using in my business.
Also I have learnt the importance of keeping records, and consulting when making decisions.
I like the training because it taught me the advantages and disadvantages of business. It also gave me an experience in business (in the practical time).